Prostate Cancer - becoming a statistic

Cosmick

Have had a wondering PSA for a couple of years, was hoping it was just benign prostatic enlargement common to everyone. Had a couple of digital tests by the GP and recently referred to a Urologist. Another Digital then followed by a biopsy (not pleasant). Results in and 2 out of 18 biopsies prove positive, Cancer - Bugger it. Oh well my brother 9 years my senior has same so probably on the cards. Whats next, Bone Scan to make sure it hasn't jumped ship and then discuss options. Positive is that it appears very small and if contained in the prostate curable.
Might use this as a bit of a blog. Better to talk about it, surprising how many have had it and are dealing with it.

Urologist referred me to a small book - http://www.prostatecareqld.com.au/h...cancer-a-guide-for-men-and-thier-families.pdf

Yenn

A friend of mine, 90 years old had prostate cancer that migrated to bone cancer, was given 4 years to live in 2000 and is still plodding on. He keeps walking as far as he can every day. Has an implant that is replaced regularly, delivering drugs into his system and seems to live a prety good life. So there is plenty of hope for anyone. Maybe one of his secrets is that he never complains and always seems cheerful.

Old Koreelah

After having some prostate issues in my 40s I had a session with an elderly alternative health professional.
He was a figure of health, despite his age and his advice was: "use it or lose it; piss in morse code."

No problems in the twenty odd years since.

nomadpete

Morse Code. The slowest and oldest data transmission.
But what message do you send to the bowl? And who reads it?

Did you ever get an answer? Just imagine coming back to bed in the early hours....
Her: "Arrgh you're all wet!"
Him: "I've been peeing in Morse code for years. finally got an answer!"

Old Koreelah

Morse Code. The slowest and oldest data transmission ...
Suits me, not often you get time to really think deeply before speaking...

...Did you ever get an answer? Just imagine coming back to bed in the early hours....
Her: "Arrgh you're all wet!"
Him: "I've been peeing in Morse code for years. finally got an answer!"
Ahhh, but the Morse Code therapy prevents that from happening; I have a big drink of water before bed and never need to go till morning.

facthunter

They reckon just about ALL men will have prostate cancer at age ninety. People die WITH many cancers not because of them, often. Never rush into seeking a "fix". It rarely moves quickly. Your body is fighting cancer all the time. Get as many opinions from good sources as you feel you need.. Side effects of some treatments are pretty grim and a "cure" is elusive if you look at the stats.. Nev

bexrbetter

Mate just went through this, had it removed, chemo etc.

Was a rough time but he's up and kicking pretty darn good now a year later.

Chat here anytime Cosmick, best thing to do, we won't take the piss out of ya, that's the nurses job. :wink:

Top Bottom