The Bloody Flu

Robbo

Hmmmm anyone got any pointers how to get over the flu and a sore throat?

Had it a few weeks and got over it now I got it back again!!!

Is that even possible???

Arrrr I choke myself while coughing!!!

:crying: :sad: :crying: :sad:

spacesailor

See your Doctor, got lots of different concoctions now, I know I've had it & followed it with Bronchitis, And I did have my Flipping flue injection.
spacesailor

Last edited by a moderator:
well, the vaccines are usually only 80-90% effective, or you could have one of the other usual suspects, eg a metapneumovirus, or maybe RSV (respiratory syncitial virus). Good therapies include single malts and quality SA reds. Blends and cheap reds don't work, known fact. Oh, and drink lots of water and get some sleep.

facthunter

Seemed to have been a lot of it around this year particularly in NSW and hard to shake off. Sleep and lots of water as said and I sometimes use olive leaf extract Vit C and citrus fruit. I don't know what hope you have if your wife works at a school or you have school age kids or use Public Transport. Also steamy shower and honk as much snot out as you can . Clean the shower afterwards with something powerful and change flannels . Nev

winsor68

Got it few months back
well, the vaccines are usually only 80-90% effective, or you could have one of the other usual suspects, eg a metapneumovirus, or maybe RSV (respiratory syncitial virus). Good therapies include single malts and quality SA reds. Blends and cheap reds don't work, known fact. Oh, and drink lots of water and get some sleep.
You probably don't have "the flu'... it is fairly rare.

spacesailor

Not the Flu, This time, but Oldmoneia ( pneumonia), ended with collapsed lung, and fluid there as well, And I didn't think it was that bad till the second xray result's came back.
The doc wanted to put me in hospital!. That's three year's about the same time thinking it's the flu,
spacesailor

Marty_d

Hot toddy. Splash of rum, brandy or scotch (your choice), teaspoon of brown sugar, mostly fill with boiling water and chuck in a squeeze of lemon and a lemon slice studded with cloves.

May not heal you but it tastes good, comforting, and will ease the misery a bit.

Also plenty of water and rest (if we're being sensible).

spacesailor

My wife's down for the fourth time with the dreaded lurgy.
Knocking her about this time & the Doc said if it worsens, go straight to hospital.
So the flue is getting very bad.
spacesailor

spacesailor

Ahaaaar
It got me!
spent the night in hospital with the dreaded lurgy, blood pressure way down, O2 way down, couldn't cough.
And yes Ive had the flu shot. Still ill with it but was sent home as they needed the beds.
|Wife,y say's NO grog while on antibiotics, American Honey looking good!
spacesailor

spacesailor

I put that gorgeous American Honey away for when I can appreciate her properly !, LoL
Sister's called "Wild Turkey" sounds risky ?
spacesailor

Top Bottom