• Welcome to Whats Up Austraila!

Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
NT5224

Me

Hi Folks

Its me  (Alan) across from the other site. I've been following 'Whats Up Australia' for a bit but never bothered to register myself. But its a slow work day, and with the usual negativity and griping across at the other place  so I thought I'd stick my beak in here instead.  And in the spirit of seasonal good to all men will start a thread entitled "Why RAA is a waste of oxygen". Nahhh, only kidding! :classic_tongue:

Happy Christmas to all and their loved ones...

Alan

• Like 1

Despite our differences on some issues, I value the people who post on these forums;

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season.

• Like 1

Safe flying, driving and drinking everyone!  (Please don't do these at the same time).

38 minutes ago, pmccarthy said:

And to all, merry Christmas and happy New year.

funny merry christmas pictures

Being that I am on holidays I have stopped shaving however this picture has me questioning that desicion. I am worried I may end up looking like the gentleman in the above picture. Seansons greetings all.

16 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Welcome abord, NT5224..

Where are you from?

Since you ask

A little spot called Robin Falls, about two and half hours south of Darwin. 

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

I paid a visit to Robin Falls in July 2007. A truly beautiful spot, we camped there overnight in the motorhome. I walked right up to the Falls and up to the top.

The missus couldn't do it, her arthritic knees wouldn't allow her to walk that distance amongst rock-littered ground, so she stayed with the motorhome and set up her chair next to the creek. What a spot to relax!

It's probably changed for the worse now, I guess. I'd imagine there's a heaps of restrictions now, and you probably have to pay to see it.

I'm glad I've seen so much of the Outback and North of Australia in the days when everything was free,, and it wasn't overrun with tourists and "grey nomads", with their massive Yank Tanks and huge 'vans, complete with noisy gensets.