• Welcome to Whats Up Austraila!

Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Spooks

So.....

I thought AFL was 'footie' over there?

AFL is "footie" if you come from Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, or the Northern Territory.

Rugby league is "footie" if you come from New South Wales or Queensland, except if you come from an expensive private school or Sydney's north shore (which is a bit like living in Kensington in London), in which case rugby union is "footie".

If you're of European, Asian or South American heritage, soccer is "footie".

Well I watched the rugby, and enjoyed the matches. England's defence was superb in the last game.

AFL is "footie" if you come from Victoria, South Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, or the Northern Territory.

Rugby league is "footie" if you come from New South Wales or Queensland, except if you come from an expensive private school or Sydney's north shore (which is a bit like living in Kensington in London), in which case rugby union is "footie".

If you're of European, Asian or South American heritage, soccer is "footie".

Cheers! I call UK football 'soccer' to upset the fans who get defensive over the word :stirrer:

except if you come from an expensive private school

I think it's called "footsies" then.

I'm

I think it's called "footsies" then.

I wouldn't really know. My parents never had the money to send me to a private school. Plain old vanilla state co-ed school for me, though it certainly didn't do me any harm!