• Welcome to Whats Up Austraila!

Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Admin

Shop Name???

I am currently creating the new "general" online shop which will be located on its own domain but linked to Whats Up Australia.

When I started Clear Prop to have aviation products I asked the forum members to come up with a name for the store and Clear Prop was the overwhelming preference by the Recreational Flying members.

So I am doing the same here...what do you think would be the best name for the shop which will sell everything from clothing to home maintenance items...the thing is what ever name we come up with the .com.au domain must also be available for it.

Just a couple of domains that I already own are:

Jackaroo (.com.au) - people may think it is just a shop for outback clothes though

Aussiesex (.com.au) - even though there will be adult products but a bit to subject specific

Whatsupaustralia (.net.au) - not a shop type of name

What are your suggestions?

Ian, it's not going to be easy to pick a name that covers adult products and other stuff. Could you link two names to the one site? Like something like AussieHotGear and AussieOtherStuff... ?

Would that make it sound like the shop only has Australian made products

Just taking a lead from Jackaroo and Aussiesex.

StuffINeed

NeededGear

NeededStuff

FunStuff

FunGear

MyGear

MyStuff

YourStuff

YourGear

TheGoodGear

TheGoodStuff

GoodGear

GoodStuff

All above with kit as in MyGoodKit

All above with Essential as in EssentialGear

I have settled for Home and Life (.com.au) as the shop name and web address. This shop will be used as a part of this Whats Up Australia site just like Clear Prop is to the Recreational Flying site. If you remember when I tried to expand the Clear Prop shop and it didn't work due to the focus on aviation products, I still have a lot of that stock on hand which is all general stuff. I have also started to purchase a larger range of products for the Home and Life shop which I have started adding them in.

The development site for Home and Life is currently www.recfly.com.au and when it is fully operational I will be transferring it to www.homeandlife.com.au and opening it for business...and hopefully gaining some little income to put food on the table whilst I am not working.

Only picked up on this thread. Years ago I sent an email to Coles Myer (well, Myer) recommending the start an online shop as there were a few hundred thousand Aussies living around the world and birthdays/christmas gift purchasing would have been so much easier. Well, they were late to the game and have paid the price.

Anyway, great idea - hope it works for you. I will be trawling it for gifts for rellies back home. Need to see if you can open it intime for xmas.

Not likely now unless I know you. Currently being frauded by a person who ordered something and then after it was shipped cancelled payment...working on it and will go all the way if needed.

For those that I know and are extreme regulars on the site I can give you my details to make a paypal payment

Sorry to hear - hope it sorts itself out. Maybe I should have asked are ou using a payment provider (that holds our details) or will you be using integrated shopping carts, etc (I have a personal preference of larger payment providers in case of data breaches)

I don't see any credit card details as when you pay by credit card you are transferred to the Westpac Bank server where you enter your details and it is processed there. Whilst this provides the bank level security to the customer it makes it hard if I have to give a refund which I can do manually but I then have to ask for the details from the customer to do it.

... there were a few hundred thousand Aussies living around the world and birthdays/christmas gift purchasing would have been so much easier...

Good idea, Jerry. Not only Aussies, but also people from other nations who have visited here and have an interest in the place. One selling point is Australia's high product standards. Lots of Asian students buy high-quality medicines, baby food, etc in this country and send it home.