• Welcome to Whats Up Austraila!

Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Phil Perry

An Interesting video about understanding Women

Not so! I've never hated women. And, just to balance my comments above, I also apply that observation about 'love' to myself. Without the instinct to breed, we wouldn't be here. And if it wasn't for that instinct driving us to breed with a partner that is intrinsically different from ourself, the race would become too inbred. There is a requirement to seek out genetic diversity within a species. It's all about survival of the species.

There is no survival imperative that involves getting along with a mate once the mating is done. So we assume that "love is blind'. Luckily we can use our intelligence to find a mate that is psychologically compatible.

Whoever thinks they can understand Women, except other women, is deluding themselves. Love women, dont understand them, but still love the one I married.

". Love women, dont understand them, but still love the one I married."

Agreed on that score.

57 year's and four daughter's .

I'm a glutton for punishment. LoL

spacesailor

That's as good as it gets (in the nicest possible way).

Harmony is very underrated in relationships.

You have to work at it and the next one might nor even be as good and you are a lot poorer.. Nev

If one chooses well, one doesn't have to work hard at all. But that doesn't let one ignore compassion, empathy or the occasional compromise.

Good sales pitch. To choose well you have to be of sound mind at the time,. and just what is this OCCASIONAL compromise? Few of my friends have a set up I'd want. It's asking a lot to be together for fifty plus years, when people DO change "sometimes". Nev

No. Not a sales pitch, my cynical friend.

I get what you say about 'sound mind'.

Granted, Passionate love of the type that people 'fall into', is so decribed because it implies an accidental, perhaps illogical, unforseen event.

I agree that that is bordering on a psychosis. And generally short lived. Most people eventually wake up one morning wondering 'what happened?'

I'm just trying to work out how I've found myself in a harmonious relationship. Especially after previously suffering through difficult relationships that failed in spite of all the 'hard work's that you mentioned.

I guess there are two basic schools of thought about relationships.

1 - "Don't change horses halfway through the race"

I used to believe in this. Now I only agree with that from a financial perspective. It might succeed if the couple have unrealistic expectations and just need to learn more interpersonal skills. (And nobody wants to admit that either)

2 - "You can't flog a dead horse".

I've adopted that one after trying the first method without success. There are times when "working harder" on a relationship is simply a waste of time and energy. That's when a rational decision to move on must be made.

There is a great cartoon showing a pair of skeletons, covered with cobwebs, sitting at a table with empty beer bottles, and a sign which says " we are going to sit here and drink beer until we understand women "

I actually NEVER used the word HARD in "working at it.". Doing nothing is talking it all for granted.. Some effort would be a quantum leap in some cases... More than 1/2 marriages fail. As a realist (hopefully) I don't find that surprising, but it's very damaging to many when it happens and staying together at times is not an option. but perhaps in many it "could" be saved... Nev

And in other cases should never be "saved"

In some cases, it would be silly to "save" something toxic and damaging to individuals

There is a great cartoon showing a pair of skeletons, covered with cobwebs, sitting at a table with empty beer bottles, and a sign which says " we are going to sit here and drink beer until we understand women "

84B8508E-4775-4957-A559-77ACF025DDAF.thumb.jpeg.6901200b76de4781f223ebf41c5a6d6d.jpeg

I chose my wife very carefully, even though she was a little slow at times.

It took her a full 23yrs to move 900km away and re-marry, and I now get frequent phone calls seeking advice on something.

Google could be very helpful when she discovers it.

I thought you said: "I chose my wife very carefully, "

And only lasted 23 years !.

Try 57 And still counting .

THAT'S good choosing !.

(or dumb Luck ) LoL

spacesailor

Posted (edited)

Yea spacey, but I have since been in a wonderful relationship for 28+yrs.

She has her place and I have mine= lasting happiness.

Best of both worlds arrangement.

So you see mate, some of us do learn from experience :thumb up:

Edited by planedriver